Help with Alignment for PasteButtons

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89541] Help with Alignment for PasteButtons
  • From: Syd Geraghty <sydgeraghty at mac.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:59:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I am trying to clean up a GUI for pasting function options with paste
buttons.

This is an example of where I am headed:

optionPalette :=
   PaletteNotebook[{HoldForm[# "Options"],
      Grid[Partition[PasteButton /@ Options[#], 3]]}] &;
optionPalette[Graphics]

My 1st question is one of Alignment:

This sorts the options list, aligns it left and gives the PasteButton
labels alphabetically in three columns and tries to solve the padding
problem (not entirely satisfactorily, buttons 56 & 57 could be
unlabeled instead of repeating the start of the list):

clen = Ceiling[Length[Options[Plot]]/3]

Grid[Transpose[Partition[Options[Plot], clen, clen, {1, 1}]],
  Alignment -> Left]

This generates the PasteButton grid:

clen = Ceiling[Length[Options[Plot]]/3]

Grid[Transpose[Partition[PasteButton /@ Options[Plot], clen, clen, {1,
1}]]]

How would I align the labels left  vs centered to make reading the
PasteButton columns easier?

My 2nd question is how to insert a "," in front of all the pastes to
make it even easier to use this GUI to create syntactically correct
lists of options for a chosen function?

Note, after a deal of trying this is NOT as easy as it might seem (I
think). The alpha lists should be preserved as in

  , AlignmentPoint -> Center
  , AspectRatio -> 1/GoldenRatio
  , Axes -> True
  , AxesLabel -> None

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers .... Syd

Syd Geraghty B.Sc, M.Sc.

sydgeraghty at mac.com

My System

Mathematica 6.0.2.1 for Mac OS X x86 (64 - bit) (March 13, 2008)
MacOS X V 10.5.2
MacBook Pro 2.33 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo  2GB RAM