Re: What "style"s are available in a notebook?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89565] Re: What "style"s are available in a notebook?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:08:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi David,

I have a function in A WorkLife Framework that does this...    It is
undocumented, but in essence it gives 3 lists as output: the first is
a list of the working enviornments, the second is a list of "Basic
Styles" and the third is a  list of "Additional Styles."  But don't
aske me what i mean by those distinctions!

Here is an example of its use:

In[818]:= StyleSheetStyles["Default.nb"]

Out[818]= {{"Working", "Presentation", "SlideShow", "Condensed",
  "Printout"}, {"Title", "Subtitle", "Subsubtitle", "Section",
  "Subsection", "Subsubsection", "Subsubsubsection",
  "Subsubsubsubsection", "Text", "Item", "Subitem", "Subsubitem",
  "InlineFormula", "DisplayFormula", "DisplayFormulaNumbered",
  "Program", "Input", "Code", "Output", "Assert", "PrintTemporary",
  "PrintUsage", "FunctionLink", "GuideLink", "TutorialLink",
  "GenericLink", "MessageLink", "Hyperlink", "DockedTitleCell",
  "DockedCell", "HistoryCurrentPage", "HistoryPreviousPage",
  "HistoryNextPage", "PageBreak", "CoordinateTooltipLabel", "Button",
  "GenericButton", "Menu", "DialogStyle", "ControlStyle",
  "GeneralizedPlaceholder", "Graphics3D", "Grid", "InputField",
  "Manipulator", "Manipulate", "ManipulateLabel", "Pane",
  "PaneSelector", "Panel", "PopupMenu", "MenuViewLabel", "TabView",
  "TabViewLabel", "TooltipLabel", "TextStyling", "TextForm",
  "CompatibilityDocked1", "CompatibilityDocked2",
  "CompatibilityTextTop", "CompatibilityText",
  "CompatibilityInputTop", "CompatibilityInput",
  "CompatibilityControls", "CompatibilityReplaceButton",
  "CompatibilityDiscardButton", "RefGuideLink"}, {"BF", "IT", "MB",
  "MBO", "MO", "MR", "MSG", "RM", "SB", "SBO", "SO", "SR", "TB",
  "TBI", "TI", "TR", "CellExpression", "CellLabel", "CopyEvaluate",
  "CopyEvaluateCell", "Evaluate", "EvaluateCell",
  "Font Specific Text Attributes", "Footer", "FooterSection",
  "FooterSubsection", "FooterTitle", "FrameLabel", "FunctionTemplate",
   "FunctionTemplateArgument", "FunctionTemplateHighlight",
  "Graphics", "Header", "HeaderSection", "HeaderSubsection",
  "HeaderTitle", "HideContentsInPrint", "HyperlinkActive", "Inert",
  "InfoCell", "InfoGrid", "InfoHeading", "InformationCell",
  "InformationLink", "InformationLinkLF", "InlineCell",
  "InlineCellEditing", "InlineOutput", "InputForm", "InputOnly",
  "InsetString", "ItemizedPicture", "Label", "Large", "Link",
  "ListGraphic", "MathCaption", "Medium", "Message", "MessagesWindow",
   "NotationMadeBoxesTag", "NotationPatternTag",
  "NotationTemplateTag", "Notes", "ObjectName",
  "OpenCloseItemizedPicture", "OutputForm", "PageNumber", "Paste",
  "Picture", "PictureGroup", "Placeholder", "PreviousNext",
  "PrimaryPlaceholder", "Print", "SlideHyperlink",
  "SlidePreviousNextLink", "SlideShowNavigationBar",
  "SlideShowSection", "SlideTOC", "SlideTOCLink", "Small",
  "SmallText", "Sound", "StandardForm", "TraditionalForm",
  "UnmatchedBracket", "Usage"}}

The code for the function is moderately long and may depend on other
things in the Package (I haven't checked).  If someone is desperate
for this code, I can see if it is self contained enough to share.

Also, if anyone just needs the list of Cell Styles from a particular
style sheet, I'd be happy to execute the function for that style sheet
and send them the list of contained styles in the current version of
that style sheet.

I hope that this helps...
--David
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...
Trial Version at:
http://scientificarts.com/worklife/