export pdf font question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89584] export pdf font question
  • From: mathfeel <mathfeel at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:46:46 -0400 (EDT)

When I use Export["filename.pdf",SomethingIDrew] to export a figure to
pdf, Mathematica uses Wolfram fonts like Mathematica1 etc. This often
mess up various things such as pdflatex when I do includegraphics.

I have seen on the web several instructions on how to add Map
wolfram.map etc to updmap.cfg so that things can work, but I suspect
that if I were to submit my article to someone for publication, they
might or might not have support for Mathematica fonts. Is it possible
to tell Mathematica to use more "standard" latex font? Seriously, how
do people generate graphics on Mathematica and include in latex do it
generally anyway?

--M