Re: export pdf font question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89612] Re: export pdf font question
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

mathfeel wrote:

> When I use Export["filename.pdf",SomethingIDrew] to export a figure to
> pdf, Mathematica uses Wolfram fonts like Mathematica1 etc. This often
> mess up various things such as pdflatex when I do includegraphics.
>
> I have seen on the web several instructions on how to add Map
> wolfram.map etc to updmap.cfg so that things can work, but I suspect
> that if I were to submit my article to someone for publication, they
> might or might not have support for Mathematica fonts. Is it possible
> to tell Mathematica to use more "standard" latex font? Seriously, how
> do people generate graphics on Mathematica and include in latex do it
> generally anyway?

You could use a Text[] directive to control precisely the font, weight,
size, etc., of each textual element (or options such as AxesStyle and
LabelStyle for more global settings). For instance,

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi},
  PlotLabel ->
   Style[TraditionalForm[Sin[x]], FontFamily -> "cmmi10",
    FontWeight -> Bold, FontSlant -> Italic, Black, FontSize -> 24]]

Regards,
-- Jean-Marc