RE: Nested Grids

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89635] RE: [mg89622] Nested Grids
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 06:37:52 -0400 (EDT)

That doesn't quite work because, on my system at least, the nested grid
still does not quit fill the space, leaving a noticeable gap at the top.

The technique of nested grids sounds nice, but in my view if one wants
coloring and dividers in the nested part of the grid the Grid command
still lacks adequate control. It is probably better to use the finest
grid division and fill in the parts programmatically (or by hand) using
Spanning.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark

From: Bob Hanlon [mailto:hanlonr at cox.net]

This solution is not general but works for your example.

Grid[{
  {Grid[{{a, b}, {c, d}},
    Frame -> All,
    Background -> Orange], e},
  {f, g}},
 Frame -> All,
 Spacings -> {0, 0},
 ItemSize -> All]

Bob Hanlon

---- David Park <djmpark at comcast.net> wrote:
> Nested Grids would seem to be a very useful construct because subportions of
> a large grid could be independently developed. However, I have been studying
> the tutorial/GridsRowsAndColumns and it has only one example and that
> example hides a defect. Here is the slightly modified example with
Frames