Re: Manipulate[] data input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89758] Re: Manipulate[] data input
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 06:30:32 -0400 (EDT)

roby.nowak at gmail.com wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> when using
>
> Manipulate[x, {x, 0, 1, Appearance -> {"Open"}}]
>
> and entering a value in the x input field and hitting errorneously the
> <Enter> key on the right end of the keyboard instead of the <Return>
> Key left beside the cursor keypad the whole Manipulate[] Cell gets
> duplicated. How can this be avoided ?

Without being able to offer a solution, I would like to point out that
this is because the numpad enter key evaluates the cell contents in
Mathematica (just like shift+enter).  It is possible to remove this
function of the keypad enter key by editing C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\6.0\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\TextResources\Windows\KeyEventTranslations.tr
(on non-Windows platforms the path is slightly different), but if you
choose to do this, be very careful, back up the file before editing, and
do not create any extra .tr files in those directories.