Save as LaTeX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89746] Save as LaTeX
  • From: ben <benjamin.friedrich at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 05:46:02 -0400 (EDT)

Dear group,

Mathematica offers the possibility to save expression in latex format (TeXForm
or Save as: Latex).
However, source code is produced which is almost unreadable (although
it produces the
right output).
For example, I get output

\text{h0}^2.

How can I tell Mathematica to just write

h0^2

and leave all the post-formatting to me?
I really do not understand why Mathematica tries to do already some formating
on the formulas.
I thought this functionality of TeXForm was designed to copy large
expression from Mathematica
directly into my texts. But then I have to change layout, format, etc
of the formula anyway to match it with the rest of my document. So all
Mathematica formatting is useless anyway, in fact it makes post-processing
really difficult.

Thanks
Ben