Re: How to show PolarPlot with circles coordinate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90079] Re: How to show PolarPlot with circles coordinate
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 05:52:04 -0400 (EDT)

Galaxia wrote:

> The PolarPlot of Mathematica gives still the X-Y axes coordinate.  Is
> there any way to plot the figure with coordinate system with rays and
> circle target?  Thanks.

Not directly (as far as I know) from the standard PolarPlot function.
You will have to write your own function or use a package such as David
Park's "Presentation Package." See the thread, "Presentations Package
Announcement" at

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2007/Dec/msg00088.html

Also, Ted Ersek's "PolarListPlots" may fit your needs. See "A Package
for PolarListPlots with Polar Gridlines" at

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/2061/

Regards,
Jean-Marc