Re: Evaluating notebooks from other notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86428] Re: Evaluating notebooks from other notebooks
  • From: ag <ashutoshgupta.umd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:58:04 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 10, 3:03 am, David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
wrote:
> ag wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I was wondering if it is possible to evaluate a notebook, say
> > "xyz.nb" (without loading it in the front end), from another notebook
> > (say "root.nb") using some command like:
>
> > EvaluateNotebook["xyz.nb", path]
>
> > TIA,
> > Ashutosh.
> > PS: I am using Mathematica 6.0.1.
>
> Further to David Reiss's answer, I would just like to add that this is a
> relatively unusual thing to wish to do. Using 6.0, .m files edit nicely
> in the frontend, and it is usually more convenient to create a .m file -
> xyz.m, and then execute it using Get["xyz.m"]
>
> David Baileyhttp://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

The problem with autosave package is that it doesnot load all the
contents (comments in particular).
I have to convert everything to a code cell (Alt+8) to load all the
variables from a .m file.
Is there any way around it?
-Ashutosh.