Re: Evaluating notebooks from other notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86425] Re: Evaluating notebooks from other notebooks
  • From: ag <ashutoshgupta.umd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:57:30 -0500 (EST)

Thanks everyone for the illuminating answers.
Just in case anyone needs it, here is what I could do last weekend
(using some help from an earlier post here):

EvaluateNotebook[notebookAddress_String] :=
 Module[{nb}, nb = NotebookOpen[notebookAddress];
  FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken["EvaluateNotebook"]];
  NotebookClose[nb];]

EvaluateNotebook::usage =
  "EvaluateNotebook[notebookAddress_String] evaluates the notebook at
\
the notebookAddress." ;

-Ashutosh.