Substitute all known relations in result

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86614] Substitute all known relations in result
  • From: "Dr. Johannes Zellner" <johannes.zellner at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:09:26 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

How do I make mathematica to display results with all known
relations / variables?
E.g. if a result is
   x^2+y^2
and before I'd defined
   r = x^2+y^2
I'd like mathematica to display the result rather as "r".

And: I'd like mathematica to do this for each relation defined before
w/o specifying every possible replacement.

Any help much appreciated.