Re: Saving Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86875] Re: Saving Packages
  • From: "alexxx.magni at gmail.com" <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:14:06 -0500 (EST)

What use? Different ones, depending on the project.
Basically my "libraries" (as I prefer  to call them) contain
everything from generic utilities valid for many projects, to project-
specific function definitions, which are however too cumbersome to
reside in the main notebook. It is simply the usual breaking down of
big programs that I'm used to do since the days of plain old C
programming.

I thanks everybody who answered me, yet the curious fact is that I'm
still ignorant about WHY packages exist at all - in a parallel world
to the .nb world.
And, more to the point, what would change for the outside user if
Wolfram would provide a GetNB[] function, performing everything Get
does -  but for notebooks?

wondering...

alessandro