Re: Does Mathematica really need more printed, introductory documentation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88296] Re: Does Mathematica really need more printed, introductory documentation?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 03:19:18 -0400 (EDT)

In article <fv9aa3$mm0$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I don't understand the problem here. The online documentation
> open up in a window in the front end just like any notebook. If
> you go to the menu bar and select Window->Magnification you will
> get a menu list allowing you to select several different
> magnification levels up to 300%. When you select one of these,
> all of the text is re-scaled by that factor. Isn't this adequate?

Yes --- except the enlargement doesn't "stick":  Close the doc window,
come back to another one later, and the later one is not enlarged.

Also, secondarily, doesn't enlarge the window itself --- you get
enlarged text scrunched up in same size window.

Would be nice if defaults for both of these could be changed.