Re: Old Toolbar from 5.2 to 6.0.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88297] Re: Old Toolbar from 5.2 to 6.0.2
  • From: Helen Read <read at math.uvm.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 03:19:29 -0400 (EDT)

Szabolcs Horv=E1t wrote:
> GidiL wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> This might sound a bit silly, but I really miss the toolbar that
>> Mathematica 5.2 used to have under the Format > Show Toolbar menu.
>> Now in current 6.0.2 there doesn't seem to be this simple option.
>> However, if I open an old Mathematica notebook which was originally
>> created with 5.2 with a toolbar from within the new 6.0.2, then the
>> toolbar remains.
>> Is that the only way to have it? Must I start every notebook in
>> Mathematica 5.2, assign a toolbar to it, and then open it with
>> Mathematica 6? Surely not!
>
> The Show Toolbar and Show Ruler otpions have been moved to the Window m=
enu.

You can also set the Toolbar to be turned on by default in the
OptionsInspector. Under Global Preferences, open up Notebook Options,
then Display Options, and set the WindowToolbars to "EditBar".

It would be nice if this option were in the Preferences, perhaps on the
Interface tab.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont