Re: Re: Re: Does Mathematica really need more printed,

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88320] Re: [mg88272] Re: [mg88231] Re: [mg88197] Does Mathematica really need more printed,
  • From: "peter lindsay" <plindsay at mcs.st-and.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 06:27:41 -0400 (EDT)

Ideally you want a book *and* the interactive help pages side by side. In
some circumstances there just is no substitute for the printed word. Paper
is far easier to read [ sorry, but it just is ] . They should never have
done away with Wolfram's printed manual - it was superb.
P Lindsay

--
peter lindsay
computing officer

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No
SC013532