Re: Axes at the origin, for 3D plots/graphs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88388] Re: Axes at the origin, for 3D plots/graphs
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 06:19:34 -0400 (EDT)

ShibbyShayne at gmail.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to move the axes from the outside of the box
> and have it centered at the origin instead?  I know you can draw lines
> using the graphics function to do this but it looks bad.  I am looking
> for something similar to how you can move the axes using AxisOrigin
> for 2D plots.

Out of the box, the equivalent to the 2D option *AxisOrigin* does not
exist in 3D.

*Axes origin for 3D Plots*
http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2005/Jun/msg00100.html

You could write your own function. The following notebook might be help
you started.

*3D Axes*

"Sometimes in calculus, it is useful to see the x, y, and z axes in a 3D
plot. This notebook illustrates a method for placing a coordinate axis
set in the middle of a 3D plot as opposed to a bounding box."

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/528/

HTH,
-- Jean-Marc