ListDensityPlot with irregular data and InterpolationOrder

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88528] ListDensityPlot with irregular data and InterpolationOrder
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 07:10:04 -0400 (EDT)

This is not explicitly documented (or at least I could not find any
mention of it), but from looking at the plots it seems to me that with
ListDensityPlot (and related functions), an InterpolationOrder higher
than 1 only work with data that lies on a regular grid.

So for example the following data cannot be plotted with
InterpolationOrder higher than 1:

data = {#1, #2, Sin[#1] Sin[#2]} & @@@ RandomReal[2 Pi, {100, 2}];

Is this correct?