tablename[[x]]= xth row, how to get xth column

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88586] tablename[[x]]= xth row, how to get xth column
  • From: cimon <tamanna.arora at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 03:24:17 -0400 (EDT)

hello

a very simple question, "sometablename[[X]]"  gives me the Xth row of
table , like below.

 f = {{1, 2, 3, 4}, {1, 4, 6, 77}}
 {{1, 2, 3, 4}, {1, 4, 6, 77}}
f[[1]]
 {1, 2, 3, 4}

I am not able to find the syntax that can give me Xth column of a
table.  i dont want to transpose it and use. and I tried #,

thank you

cimon