Re: list of dates

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88598] Re: list of dates
  • From: "Roger Nye" <roger.nye at actuary.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 03:26:30 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for your suggestions.
Bill's last attempt was nearly twice as fast as mine.

This has taught me a lot about handling lists, functions and dates with
Mathematica, but also some of its limitations and the hoops one has to jump
through.

In the end, I finished the job in Stata, which is built primarily around
lists and therefore handles them more directly and efficiently (but less
flexibly).
I had also briefly flirted with using Mathematica as a mathematical
word-processor in place of Word & MathType.

I need to give more thought to when Mathematica is the most suitable tool
for future jobs.

Thanks again for all your help.
Roger