Re: Display commands in a package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88629] Re: Display commands in a package
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 06:53:13 -0400 (EDT)

You can do the following:

<< BarCharts`

?BarCharts`*

which gives a list of the exported symbols from the package. Clicking on
anyone gives the usage message. Getting to the Guide page is a little more
difficult. If you click BarChart you will obtain a usage message with a link
to the Function page. Bringing up the BarChart Function page you can get a
link to the package Guide page through the More About section, either at the
top or bottom of the page. But other names such as BarStyle do not have a
direct link to the package Guide page.

It is interesting that if one types 'BarCharts' into the Documentation
Center search input then the BarCharts Guide page appears only on the second
page of the listing. But if one types 'Bar Charts Package' it appears first
on the list.

I think it would be very nice if the Documentation Center had a link to a
standard packages Guide page right next to the Installed Add-Ons link.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/