Re: Display commands in a package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88627] Re: Display commands in a package
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 06:52:50 -0400 (EDT)

Budaoy wrote:
> In Mathematica, when I load a package, for instance <<Graphics`, in fact the
> system load many commands, but Mathematica doesn't display those commands in
> the package, how can I see them if I do not want to look into package
> document?
>
> Thanks.

Packages create one or more public contexts. These can be revealed by
the command:

Contexts["Graphics`*"]

Since you are probably only interested in one of these contexts (and
simpler packages often only create one context) it is best to pick one
context and get a list of the symbols it contains, for example:

?Graphics`Shapes`*

Note that not every symbol will be an actual command.

As your question implies, this technique is often more convenient that
ploughing through the entire package documentation.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk