Soundnote, musical instruments playing at arbitrary pitch

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89154] Soundnote, musical instruments playing at arbitrary pitch
  • From: janos <janostothmeister at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 07:15:22 -0400 (EDT)

SoundNote["G", 1, "Violin"] gives you a middle G as if performed by a
violinist corresponding to a predefined scale (should I know which?)
It does not accept real numbers as a second variable.
Play can play you any waveform.

I would like to have the, say, violin profile but play a sound note at
arbitrary pitch.
How can I do this? The FullForm of SoundNote gives no information,
and I do not want to invest a large amount of work into creating the
appropriate profile if it has been done once.

Could anyone help me please?

Thank you,

Janos