Re: Range of Use of Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89202] Re: Range of Use of Mathematica
  • From: Salvatore Mangano <smangano at into-technology.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:03:54 -0400 (EDT)

I have long been a fan of Cookbook style books published by O'Reilly. For example, the Perl Cookbook saved my life when I was a heavy Perl user. I loved this style so much that when I decided to write my first book, I choose a Cookbook (XSLT Cookbook). I think some of the readers of this thread will be happy to know that O'Reilly has a Mathematica Cookbook in the works due out in early 2009 (and BTW, I am the author - shameless self promotion). It will focus heavily on version 6 capabilities and I think will address many of the concerns by writers in this thread.

BTW, if any readers have "Mathematica recipes" they might like to share I would love to hear from you.

smangano (a t) i n t o - t e c h n o l o g y . com