Re: Syntax Coloring

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93504] Re: Syntax Coloring
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 06:46:24 -0500 (EST)

David Park wrote:
> For me, one of the greatest aids and timesavers in Version 6 is the syntax
> coloring. I think the WRI developers deserve a lot of credit for putting
> this in and making it work so well.
>

> David Park
>
> djmpark at comcast.net
>
>  <http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark> http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark

Yes, I agree - for example, you can see at a glance whether a function
references global variables.

One slight gripe - I don't have an example to hand, but I do find that
parts of With constructs sometimes seem to get coloured red for no
apparent reason.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk