Re: Re: Syntax Coloring

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93517] Re: [mg93499] Re: [mg93483] Syntax Coloring
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:03:58 -0500 (EST)

Could you explain what you mean when you suggest a truly syntax-oriented
editor?

Remember that Mathematica is not like many programming languages in that
there are not really different "parts of speech" -- verbs (i.e.,
functions), nouns (i.e., constants), pronouns (i.e., variables), adverbs
  (i.e., operators), etc.  EVERYTHING is an "expression".

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305