CUDA support in 7.0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93795] CUDA support in 7.0?
  • From: Amir <amirnntp at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 05:12:01 -0500 (EST)

We are thinking of making some equipment purchases for CUDA use. Can
someone detail what the CUDA support is in this release of Mathematica
if any? We haven't received a copy of 7.0 yet and the new
documentation doesn't mention CUDA or how it's integrated, but it has
appeared in Nvidia marketing blurbs. For example, will it be use-able
with a only newer Nvidia cards? How does it get around the use of
single precision in current cards?

Thanks,
Amir.