In V7, is it possible to parallelize DensityPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93860] In V7, is it possible to parallelize DensityPlot?
  • From: Stoney Ballard <stoneyb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:31:23 -0500 (EST)

It seems that DensityPlot is a natural candiate for parallelization,
but my experiments in Mathematica V7 all result in the warning "...
cannot be parallelized; proceeding with sequential evaluation". Is
this capability just not yet implemented, or is there a trick to get
multiple pixels to be evaluated in parallel?