Re: CUDA support in 7.0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93854] Re: CUDA support in 7.0?
  • From: Michael Weyrauch <michael.weyrauch at gmx.de>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:30:18 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

   I do not really understand what you are talking about here, Jens,
and on what basis.

But I know from a very good talk (on the Mathematica users conference
and not under NDA) by one person of Wolfram Research and another one of
Nvidia, that they are experimenting seriously with CUDA.
(Alltogether it seems not to be that simple, it was said that one
requires good support by the graphics card manufacturer in order to get
it going).  Also, if I understood the speakers well, one cannot go
beyond the single precision limit in general. So, I understand that only
specific numerical code parts can be executed on the graphics card (?).

If such support makes it into a future version of Mathematica, I, of
course, don't know.

Michael