Re: Re: v.7.0 issues

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93880] Re: [mg93826] Re: v.7.0 issues
  • From: "E. Martin-Serrano" <eMartinSerrano at telefonica.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:34:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

My complain is on the same direction. Those of you who live in USA (as I
did) know the price you are paying for the upgrade. Mathematica is not being
sold in local stores but over the web, so why the diference in price (except
VAT)  if I do not get anything at at all from any local reseller. ( I
purchase many books over the web from USA based book shops and never had
poblems with VAT at all). I do not mind paying the same than anyone in USA.
but no the 1,300 USD I am asking to pay for clicking on the upgrade button
on computer which is a bunch of miles away from New York. Why again.

Probably,  I am not upgrading anymore for this and the reasons below;
despite I have been a loyal customer since the earliest v2.1 and upgraded
most of the subsequent releeases. As I remember I used to pay less than 400
USD or so for each aupgrade in USA:

Anyway.

I think that a clear explanation on the following this is nedeed.

I am still in v6.0.01, having problems but being cautious.

>From what I am reading, I see that if  I had aupgraded before from something
buggy (v6.0.1)  I had had something buggy again (v6.0.3), at a very high
aditional price. In fact, I did not upgrade to 6.0.3 because I do not feel
like paying again to correct waht should have been Ok when I purchased it
for the first time.
Or in other words, the correction of the bugs should be released for free to
all the pay users; in my opinion. So, I do not dear to blindly spend another
1,300 USD  to upgrade and get something buggy (7.0.0) and be invited time
and again to get a new bug fixing releases or cope with the faulty thing.

Regards.