Re: Re: Primed Symbols in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93861] Re: [mg93786] Re: Primed Symbols in Mathematica
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:31:34 -0500 (EST)

> ... I'm sure this is documented somewhere inside the bottom drawer of a
> filing cabinet ...

What an optimist you are!!

So far I've found this mentioned in the tutorial at
tutorial/RawCharacterEncodings.

I can, indeed, enter the single quote as \:02b9, but the null byte "\0"
 from the same page yields a syntax error:

\0

Syntax::sntoct1: 3 octal digits are required after \ to construct an 8-bit
character.

Syntax::sntxi: Incomplete expression; more input is needed.

The second method (Character Map) can't work well anywhere, can it, as
these characters are visually indistinguishable from others that lack the
desired properties?

Bobby

DrMajorBob at longhorns.com