Re: How do I create my own color gradient? Reply-To: hanlonr@cox.net

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92536] Re: How do I create my own color gradient? Reply-To: hanlonr@cox.net
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 06:41:27 -0400 (EDT)

Look at Blend

Bob Hanlon

---- Tyler <hayes.tyler at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Hi All:

Kinda of a silly question, but I've been banging head against the wall
for the past two nights. I am trying to figure out how I can make my
own colour gradient, analogous to Rainbow, AplineColors, &c.

Is there any standard framework around trying to create your own?
Further, say I wanted one of the preexisting ones, but scaled
exponentially, or set a particular value to bright yellow (to
highlight that specific result). I used to use IDL quite a bit, and
made use of these kinds of manipulations frequently.

Any ideas or references? I keep finding myself doing the same old loop
in the Documentation Center, from ColorData, to ColorFunction, and so
on, and so on.....

Cheers,

t.

--