could not get Simplified form

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92539] could not get Simplified form
  • From: "Obaid Rehman" <Obaid.Rehman at student.adfa.edu.au>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 06:42:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Latest problem that I have faced is the following. I have done some
symbolic computation and use "ReplaceAll" command to assign each
variable (Except "DS") to a certain numerical value. The result should
be a single value with DS but I got the following result. You can notice
that answer could not be in simplified form. I have already used
Simplify and FullSimplify but that doesn't work as well.

DS (194.424 +0.00920267 0.211002.1.44488+9.86337=D710-21
0.390389.(-5.57734=D71012))

In the brackets some time numbers are separated by dot and some time
not.  Also, what does it mean (two dots).    0.211002.1.44488?

Please solve this puzzle

Obaid Ur Rehman

PhD Student

School of ITEE, Room No 161, Building 15.

UNSW@ADFA <mailto:5.UNSW@ADFA> , Canberra

Obaid.Rehman at student.adfa.edu.au
<mailto:Obaid.Rehman at student.adfa.edu.au>

Phone:+61 2 6268 8189

Fax:    +61 2 6268 8581

Cell:    +61 (0) 400349335

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete the message and notify the sender. Views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender and not necessarily the views
of the University of New South Wales.