Line Spacing and Page Layout

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92604] Line Spacing and Page Layout
  • From: Keflavich <keflavich at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 06:23:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I'm trying to prepare a handout for a class using mathematica, but
I'm having a hard time controlling the formatting of each piece of
text.   The handout is a few pages longer than I would like simply
because the spacing between equations is excessive.

I tried to modify the line spacing using the Options
Inspector:Formatting Options:Text Layout Options:Line Spacing, but
there doesn't seem to be any way to modify the value.  All I can do is
set or unset the option with whatever value is present, and that seems
to have no effect on the document.

Also, in some of my pure text sections, mathematica puts line breaks
in very strange places, resulting in inconsistent line lengths.  Is
there any way to control paragraph formatting of that sort?

Thanks,
Adam