Re: Line Spacing and Page Layout

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92632] Re: Line Spacing and Page Layout
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 06:34:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Oct 8, 4:37 am, Keflavich <keflav... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to prepare a handout for a class using mathematica, but
> I'm having a hard time controlling the formatting of each piece of
> text.   The handout is a few pages longer than I would like simply
> because the spacing between equations is excessive.
>
> I tried to modify the line spacing using the Options
> Inspector:Formatting Options:Text Layout Options:Line Spacing, but
> there doesn't seem to be any way to modify the value.  All I can do is
> set or unset the option with whatever value is present, and that seems
> to have no effect on the document.
>
> Also, in some of my pure text sections, mathematica puts line breaks
> in very strange places, resulting in inconsistent line lengths.  Is
> there any way to control paragraph formatting of that sort?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Adam,

What version of Mathematica are you using and on what OS? I am using
V6.0.3 on a Mac OS X and changing the LineSpacing parameter works as
expected by just clicking on the value and changing either or both of
the arguments. Is the cell editable? Look at the "Editable" parameter
in OptionInspector. And you also have to have the "Set" box checked.
And click on the "Apply" button at the top of the window or click on
another parameter to make the change be applied to the cell(s)
HTH...If it doesn't post some specific code so we can see exactly what
you trying to do.

-Bob