Variable amount of Buttons in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92758] Variable amount of Buttons in Mathematica
  • From: SDY <youngsd2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 04:34:11 -0400 (EDT)

I'm pretty new to this...

I'm trying to write a function that will create a variable number of buttons (based on some input) and relate each button to a function call with a unique parameter value. For example:

array = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5};
Column[{Row[
   Table[Button[array[[n]], Print[n], ImageSize -> {50, 50}], {n, 1,Length[array], 1}]]}]

Gives me five buttons, labeled 1-5, but each prints 'n' when clicked on.
How would I change this to print the value of n?

My best guess at this point is that there is a scoping issue with n, but I don't have enough Mathematica experience to know how to assign static values...

Thanks