reversing the direction of the X axis in Plot and ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93023] reversing the direction of the X axis in Plot and ListPlot
  • From: Stern <nycstern at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 02:28:54 -0400 (EDT)

I'm graphing some bond values where the natural flow is for the x axis,
which represents days to maturity, to run from from big numbers to small
ones. I can achieve this by expressing my function in terms of days past
(which run small to big) and then using Ticks to label the axis the other
direction (as though it were days to maturity), but this feels like a
complex solution to a simple problem. Is there an easy way to Plot a
function from 180 to 0, rather than 0 to 180?

Thanks,

Michael