PrintTemporary

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93099] PrintTemporary
  • From: Hannes Kessler <HannesKessler at hushmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 01:28:30 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

PrintTemporary[..] messages which are in fact notebook interface
objects are not found by Cases[Notebooks[], _NotebookInterfaceObject].
I would like to remove all of them at certain points as too many
temporary messages are generated during the evaluation of several
packages.

Of course, it would be possible to code

temporaryMessages = {};
AppendTo[temporaryMessages, PrintTemporary["text 1"];
AppendTo[temporaryMessages, PrintTemporary["text 2"];
NotebookDelete  /@  temporaryMessages

But unfortunately I was too lazy to do that when I wrote the packages.
Is there another possibility ?

Best regards,
Hannes Kessler