Re: PrintTemporary

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93128] Re: PrintTemporary
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 03:14:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> PrintTemporary[..] messages which are in fact notebook interface
> objects are not found by Cases[Notebooks[], _NotebookInterfaceObject].

I don't fully understand how NotebookInterfaceObjects are part of a
Notebook or can be accessed/found, but as long as they are seen, the
cells that a PrintTemporary writes to a notebook are just normal cells
with style "PrintTemporary", so you can get rid of them at any time with
something like the following:

PrintTemporary["test"];
Pause[1];
NotebookFind[EvaluationNotebook[], "PrintTemporary", All, CellStyle];
NotebookDelete[];
Pause[1];
1 + 1

hth,