Re: Nonlinear Regression Oddities and Questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93139] Re: Nonlinear Regression Oddities and Questions
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 04:54:40 -0500 (EST)

Hi Andrew,

I can only guess what is going on.

First, did you check that both confidence levels are identical?

Further,it could be that Mathematica calculates the confidence intervalls using

error propagation technique. This methods relies on linearizaton, that

means, it is only correct for small errors.  On the other hand, Monte

Carlo does not have this limitation. Anyway if this is true, both method

should agree with small errors.

Daniel

--

Daniel Huber

Metrohm Ltd.

Oberdorfstr. 68

CH-9100 Herisau

Tel. +41 71 353 8585, Fax +41 71 353 8907

E-Mail:<mailto:dh at metrohm.com>

Internet:<http://www.metrohm.com>