Controlling the size of the integral sign

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91664] Controlling the size of the integral sign
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:45:08 -0400 (EDT)

If an integral appears inside a Grid or a Column, which has
DefaultBaseStyle -> "Grid", it is much shorter in height than in a regular
output expression.

Regular expression:

Integrate[(f[x] + g[x]), {x, a, b}]

Inside a Column or Grid expression.

Column[{Integrate[(f[x] + g[x]), {x, a, b}]}]

If I use the option SpanMinSize it also increases the size of brackets and
parentheses.

Column[{Integrate[(f[x] + g[x]), {x, a, b}]},
 BaseStyle -> {SpanMinSize -> 2}]

How can I get back the taller integral sign without changing other spanning
characters?

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net