How to run MathKernel with passive Mathlink connection in background

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91720] How to run MathKernel with passive Mathlink connection in background
  • From: stanicke at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 02:08:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am having following problem: I need to run a MathKernel on a remote
linux server and connect to it from my home computer behind NAT. Thus
i am trying to run MathKernel in passive mode with command (on the
server):

math -mathlink -linkmode Listen -linkprotocol TCPIP -linkname
50000@localhost,50001@localhost -LinkOptions MLDontInteract

which is working fine (and i can connect to this kernel from my home
machine) until i tried to run it in background (with & at the end),
which still causes the MathKernel to hang my console.

Does anybody know how to run a passive MathKernel as a background
task?

Thanks

Stan