Re: Strange size changes in Manipulate with GeometricTransformation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92210] Re: [mg92156] Strange size changes in Manipulate with GeometricTransformation
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:31:36 -0400 (EDT)

This bug had already been discovered by our QA department and logged in our
database.  I've added a pointer to your post to that bug report.  In the mean
time, the way to work around this is to provide an explicit PlotRange. E.g.,

Manipulate[
Graphics[
GeometricTransformation[
{
EdgeForm[Black],
FaceForm[],
Disk[{0, 0}, 1, {\[Pi], 2 \[Pi]}],
Disk[{0, 0}, 1, {0, \[Pi]}]
}, RotationTransform[x]
], PlotRange->{{-1.1,1.1},{-1.1,1.1}}
], {x, -180, 180}
]

Also note that x is in radians, not degrees, which is why your example rotates
so very quickly.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com