Re: Functional programming?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92211] Re: Functional programming?
  • From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:31:47 -0400 (EDT)

AES
Do you want to learn functional programming?
This is how to do it in a language you are familiar with:

DO
    READ books and source codes written by good MATHEMATICA
programmers
    DO put in practice what you've learnt by writing your own examples
and posting questions in Mathgroup
WHILE NOT spousereallyangry()

You can easily write the spousereallyangry() routine  using your
programming skills with IF-THENs statements  custom-tailored to your
spouse (world wide standards not yet available).

When starting out with functional programming, I second some of the

1- be very careful when descending Murray's newtonsteps[] expecially
in dim light
2-  always strive for more than Average[] and make sure at the end the
day your Sum[] is positive
3- avoid being Mean[] as much as possible as this puts a burden on
system resources (memory is not easily reallocated).

Hope this helps