Re: Using manipulate in two cells in one note book crashes my

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98162] Re: Using manipulate in two cells in one note book crashes my
  • From: dbreiss at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 05:55:08 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 31, 5:18 am, sean k <sean_inc... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> By the way, I'm using Mathematica 7.0.0. Windows vista home edition. 32 b=
it. I also recently updated to Java runtime 6.0 and I had some problems wit=
h Mathematica help crashing. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the Mathemati=
ca.

> Also have Mathematica 6.0 installed. (This problem persists in Mathematic=
a 6 also )

> I also have another CAS system and other stuff installed on here, but not=
 sure if any of that is an issue.

> Anyway, Thanks for any info.

What is happening is that you have  global parameters that are being
used by both Manipulates (eg: dsol).

When it is changed in one Manipulate it also changes in the other,
which itself changes the parameter(s) and this goes back and forth.
So you need to make sure that **all** parameters in a Manipulate are
local to that Manipulate.

--David