Re: Update to Hinton Button/palette tutorial for Mathematica 7?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98236] Re: [mg98199] Update to Hinton Button/palette tutorial for Mathematica 7?
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 04:36:54 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 04:47:47 -0500 (EST), meitnik at gmail.com wrote:
> P.J. Hinton's "How To Create Buttons" notebook reports problems when
> opening in Mathematica 7.
> What is best way to address the errors reported and how to fix them.
> Thank you.

I wasn't able to reproduce this.  I got my copy from here...

http://library.wolfram.com/conferences/devconf99/hinton/Buttons19991022.nb

and it opened flawlessly in 7.0.1.  There were a few pink-box errors which came
from attempting to use the automated compatibility tool (I'll report those), and
I didn't try running it.  But I don't know of any reason the code in here
shouldn't work unmodified (it uses some deprecated option names, but Mathematica
should translate those to the newer option names without a problem).

If you got your copy from someplace else, let me know where you got it from...or
you could send it to me privately.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com