Re: Can't figure out how to export Mathematica into Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98222] Re: Can't figure out how to export Mathematica into Word
  • From: mike.honeychurch at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 04:34:17 -0500 (EST)

On Apr 2, 4:48=C2 am, neojunkox <sungreenta... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I help out my lab partners in one of my classes by exporting out the data=
 and equations we worked on from mathematica. They use microsoft word so I =
need to copy or export things into rtf first or copy things directly into m=
icrosoft word. The problem is that many symbols come out strangely when I t=
ry to export or even copy them the tables and math notation comes out like =
---
> =C2  =C2 {\[Null], "\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(F\), \(1\)]\)", "\!\(\*Subsc=
riptBox[\(d\), \(1\)]\)", "\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(=EF=81=B4\), \(1\)]\)", "\!=
\(\*SubscriptBox[\(F\), \(2\)]\)",

> It seems like there is something not set up the way I want to in the expo=
rt or copy functions... Also, when exporting to rtf, the tables come out as=
 a list of data instead of being in the correct form. Another system used t=
o export this stuff out to rtf correctly by default... How do I set up math=
ematica to do the same?

You could try this:

nb = NotebookOpen["/path/to/your/file/file.nb"]

Export["test.rtf", nb, "RTF"]

I tried is on a small example and while the full subscripting/
superscripting didn't seem to work, none of the box structure stuff
that you have mentioned in your post was transferred and the
formatting problems looked like something you could manually touch up
in your final document.

I viewed the output in TextEdit. I don't have MS Word so don't know
what it would look like in that. In OpenOffice the (equation) output
looked screwy. I'm not sure that RTF is a uniform format so that could
be an issue.

Mike