Re: running mathematica notebooks without interface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98775] Re: running mathematica notebooks without interface
  • From: ventutech at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 04:51:52 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks!
This is a very good idea and it works.
However I would like to use graphics command such as contourPlot and
others, and this seems not to be possible using a .m package run
without a frontend?
maybe the UsingFrontEnd command may help? But it's quite undocumented!
It seems there is no way to run a .nb file without a front-end and
save the output of the cells (including graphics) without having the
actual frontend running...

Someone suggested me to use the Kernel remotely, which could be an idea!
However I have some troubles addressing the remote kernel since it is
located in a private network and I usually reach it by a double ssh
session (ssh user1@gateway and then ssh user2@server)
Any quick trick to tell mathematica to load a remote kernel using ssh
tunnel?

Thank you in advance!
Davide