Re: Determining a formula with Mathematica 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98815] Re: Determining a formula with Mathematica 6
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 01:30:27 -0400 (EDT)

On 4/19/09 at 4:53 AM, dylanbradbury at gmail.com (Dylan Bradbury)
wrote:

>With Mathematica 6, can you help me do the following?: * I have
>multiple sets of about fifty input variables, each set has its own
>output variable. This is all in an excel spreadsheet.

>I need Mathematica 6 to create a formula, with the highest possible
>correlation to the output variable, using the input variables.

Anything that can be evaluated in Excel, absolutely anything can
also be done in Mathematica. Mathematica is far far more capable
than Excel. But beyond stating what to me is obvious, there
isn't anything to offer in the way of specifics.

All you've done is state you have a large number of input/output
variables. You've not described what you are trying to do. There
are literally and infinite number of formula's that can be
created that will correlate input variables to output variables.