Re: Abort/Interrupt doesn't work?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98848] Re: Abort/Interrupt doesn't work?
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 05:49:50 -0400 (EDT)

sv07171024 wrote:
> Alt+. and Alt+, don't seem to work (anymore?) in Mathematica 7 on my XP
> machine.
>
> Interrupt, both from keyboard and Evaluation menu, is ignored.
> Abort pops up the evaluation dialog, but aborting there throws an "unhandled
> win32 exception".
>
> Sounds familiar to anyone?
> I already re-installed, to no avail.

Does nothing abort for you - e.g. a simple infinite loop While[True,x]
or is it only on some specific code that you are executing?

In the latter case, the problem probably does not lie with the interrupt
mechanism at all. Are you using J/Link or Mathlink perhaps.

If the simple loop fails to abort on a freshly loaded Mathematica, the
only thing I can think of is a machine fault, so :

1)   Does it work on another machine?

2)   Have you got some flakey memory, or a bit of hard disk corruption
(run the diagnostics)?

3)   Are you running 7.0.1?

4)   Is it possible (bit of a long shot) that your CD has got damaged in
some way?

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk