Re: Re: Looking for more Mathematica online user groups/forums

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98873] Re: [mg98804] Re: [mg98787] Looking for more Mathematica online user groups/forums
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:11:57 -0400 (EDT)

One point of clarification to the points you raise in your last paragraph.
Almost every post from a WRI staffer on this forum *is* voluntary, excepting
product announcements and job ads, of course.  Not even Dan Lichtblau and I,
the most prolific WRI posters here, have anything to do with MathGroup
as part of our official job description, and certainly not the many other
staffers who have posted less often.

Aside from promoting the forum and supporting its moderation, the company
expends little official effort, so I don't think you have much to worry
about there.  And the company benefits significantly because it allows
us collectively (including a great many staff members who lurk on this
forum) to keep a metaphorical finger on the pulse of the Mathematica
user community.

But as for the postings from WRI staffers, Wolfram's biggest contribution
is to leave us unfettered to do so.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com